Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fill/Bucket Tool? 'Default' Hex Tile Selection for new maps?

I looked but didn't see this feature request in here - but someone has to have asked for this right?

I'd like to have a fill tool that fills every hex on a layer with the selected hex group/tile folder set. For example - I want to drop an entire layer of ocean - I don't wish to click once per hex - just let me use a fill tool to set random tiles from the Fantasyland Ocean set to every hex on the layer. If this is already possible - please help! It'd save me a ton of time.

Also - when making a new map file you should be able to select a folder and have the base layer be initially populated with a random tile from the folder/tile set rather than starting entirely blank.

This is probably two change requests / enhancements / feature requests.....but they're fairly related to one another. Thanks for everything HK is great.

• Z

Comments

• hey thanks! what I do to do a mega fill is use the custom generator and just put one tile in it. pretty quick work around, but we're looking at adding additional tools in the future

• edited May 9

Thanks for the quick response! so you're generating the JSON file using a script or something (did someone say Python.....)? What do you mean by 'custom generator?'

• File -> Generate Custom

• Oh my....

• @zoarlob said:
    Oh my....

Haha, yeah. It's pretty powerful once you get the hang of it for generating a base layer, and it works procedurally. As you add or subtract hexes with the + / - buttons on the edge of your map, it will keep generating terrain.

• That's great. I'll give it a try next time - its a perfectly acceptable workaround for my tool request - at least for the time being. Thanks Cecil.

• Yeah, I use the custom generator for all kinds of things, including flood fills on new maps.