Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REQUEST: Eliminate "Save as" prompt.

I'd love it if when you hit CTL-S within a map file that you opened (not a brand new map) you wouldn't be prompted to Save As.

I have to take responsibility for this, sure, but that feature has made me save over the wrong map file a couple of times now and it's very frustrating to lose the work. If hit Save in a file I opened, it's a given I want to save over said file, you know?

Comments

• Agreed, save should save to the same file, Save As should save to a new file name... but maybe it should default to the same path as the previous file (if there is one)?

Not only am I tired of saving to the wrong file name, but also to the wrong folder.

• @ldjessee said:
    Not only am I tired of saving to the wrong file name, but also to the wrong folder.

Amen to that.

• +1

This request is for an industry standard usability expectation. I think its a marvelous idea.

• +1 to this idea.

• I'd say have ^s save, but leave "Save As" so one can make copies and revisions quickly.

• I hope it does not come across that I want to eliminate either option, they should just work in a way that is consistent with how almost all software works when using the 'Save' vs 'Save As' options.