Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get Hex Kit working on Manjaro (Arch-based) Linux?

Hello,
I installed the itch app. I can launch Hex Kit but all I get is two blank windows. You can see the menu bar at the top but that's it.
If there is a way to install the app without itch, please explain it to me. There is no make file so I have no clue how to compile it myself.
Thank you.

System:   Kernel: 4.9.27-1-MANJARO x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: i3 4.13-non-git
           Distro: Manjaro Linux
Machine:   Device: desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: P8Z68-V PRO v: Rev 1.xx
           BIOS: American Megatrends v: 0902 date: 09/19/2011
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i7-2600K (-HT-MCP-) cache: 8192 KB 
           clock speeds: max: 3800 MHz 1: 1599 MHz 2: 1599 MHz 3: 1601 MHz 4: 1648 MHz 5: 1613 MHz
           6: 1599 MHz 7: 1599 MHz 8: 1694 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GF110 [GeForce GTX 580]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.19.3 driver: nouveau Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on NVC8 GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.5

Comments

• Currently Hex Kit is not compatible with the Itch App, just download it and run it as itself. (there's a note on the download page that says it doesn't work with the itch app ;-) )

• sbrsbr
    edited May 18

So, then how do I run it?
    I unzipped the Hex Kit Linux archive. But double clicking doesn't work. Commandline? Which command do I have to run?
    (And where is the README? It's not included in the zip file for the Linux archive)

So far, I only installed programs with the package manager (pacman). No clue how to build the package myself (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_packages). There is no source tarball, and 'make' doesn't work.

• Once you've unzipped the archive, make the file "Hex Kit" executable (chmod a+x Hex\ Kit) and run that.

You may get errors if it requires additional libraries to be installed, but, for me on Debian, it just worked(tm), aside from needing to set it executable.

• @nDervish said:
    Once you've unzipped the archive, make the file "Hex Kit" executable (chmod a+x Hex\ Kit) and run that.

You may get errors if it requires additional libraries to be installed, but, for me on Debian, it just worked(tm), aside from needing to set it executable.

Thanks, you pointed me into the right direction!
    It now works. I get some errors but the program starts.

For others:
    It is chmod a+x "Hex Kit"
    and then ./"Hex Kit"

• Did you get Hex Kit to work on your distro? All I get are two black windows and no means of using this software. And the README file seems to be missing in my download as well.