Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yoon-Suin

An extended map of my earlier "The Oligarchies", this one including a whole segment of Yoon-Suin, from the northern Mountains of the Moon, through the Oligarchies, the Hundred Kingdoms, and into darkest, dampest Lamarakh. All this is in the Yoon-Suin setting by David McGrogan

The Mountains of the Moon are as cold and as dry as hell, but when I first saw the sunlight dance on their snowy ramients I felt as if it was what heaven must look like. The jungles are thick with deathly moisture which lays against your skin like the hot breath of a wolf, but they are so green and lush that they can feed all of the world’s life a thousand times over. The God River is so wide and fast that to set foot in it is to be swept to oblivion and never again stand on solid earth, but to watch the fish leap in its waters at sunset gives one the same pleasure as watching one’s own son at play in the village square ... I know not which word best describes Yoon-suin. I am glad of it and afraid of it, and that is all I can write.

Comments

• Very cool map!
    Any reason for the very tall format instead of a more square? Was it to cover more climates?

• Completely. Awesome.

• @ldjessee said:
    Very cool map!
    Any reason for the very tall format instead of a more square? Was it to cover more climates?

Unintentionally, yes. I made the first map which is the middle portion of this map, and I wanted to add more of what lay at higher and lower altitudes, but didn't feel/see a need to widen the map to just include more of the same of what I already established, so it turned into a very vertical map.

• Very nice!