Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We've been extra quiet, here's why.

Hey everyone. First off: sorry for being so quiet and aloof lately. Summer time is one of the busiest times in RPG land because everyone Kickstarts their games in the spring, and starts ordering freelance work instantly. For me, since I work full time in RPG land, this means I have been trying to balance about a brazillion projects at once. From cartography work, to layout, and even some writing work; you name it, I've been busy as shit with work. So this is why Spaceland is still in the ether and for that I am super sorry. But we do have some good news! We will be releasing Hex Kit version 1.1 and Spaceland towards the end of July. Here is what's planned for Hex Kit 1.1:

• Eye dropper tool
  • Font chooser for labels
  • Mouse wheel zoom
  • Deleting the bottom layer
  • Pop up tile data on hover
  • User settings menu

Without making any promises, those are a few of the things we've been working on for 1.1, including bug fixes and a few smaller feature things. Thanks everyone for yer patience!

Comments

• The last time you posted about 1.1, you mentioned underlays for tracing. Has that been dropped or do you still intend to fit it into the next release? And, as you said, without promising anything - I just want to know whether to hope for it, I'm not looking for something to hold against you if it ultimately doesn't make it.

• @nDervish said:
    The last time you posted about 1.1, you mentioned underlays for tracing. Has that been dropped or do you still intend to fit it into the next release? And, as you said, without promising anything - I just want to know whether to hope for it, I'm not looking for something to hold against you if it ultimately doesn't make it.

Yep! Implemented already in our test build. Later today I'll try to bust out some screenshots.

• That is awesome!

• Thanks - that's great news! For me, that was the #1 missing feature in HK, and the one thing preventing me from translating world and country maps from other sources into HK maps. Now I just have to wait a month for the new release...

• here is a map I illustrated last year, opened in hex kit to be traced. you can see where i've added in some water tiles from the classic set.

• Awesome! Thanks for the update.

• How is all this coming along?