Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First crack at converting my hand-drawn campaign map

Made my own labels with Titania font in Photoshop. Still has some pretty blank areas, but I'm trying to let the campaign world grow organically, so those will fill in as more adventures happen.

Comments

• we're definitely going to implement a font selector as soon as possible. this looks great! i love the mine entrance at the base of that river.

• also, in the utility pack there are some blank tiles, just solid colors, with a brown that matches the mountains. so if you wanted to convey that the river is going through the mountains. like this:

• @cecil said:
    we're definitely going to implement a font selector as soon as possible. this looks great! i love the mine entrance at the base of that river.

That would be great! Don't worry, I appreciate there are still tweaks being made, and am verrrry happy to have this software.

• @cecil said:
    also, in the utility pack there are some blank tiles, just solid colors, with a brown that matches the mountains. so if you wanted to convey that the river is going through the mountains. like this:

I might play with that, thank you! In my far too specific fantasies I guess there would be forest and mountain tiles with rivers carving through them, so it does't look like there are narrow areas of flatland where I don't want them. I'm a fan of rivers that are tightly hemmed in by the surrounding terrain, especially when the scale of my map is ten miles across each hex.

• @Obracken said:

@cecil said:
    also, in the utility pack there are some blank tiles, just solid colors, with a brown that matches the mountains. so if you wanted to convey that the river is going through the mountains. like this:

I might play with that, thank you! In my far too specific fantasies I guess there would be forest and mountain tiles with rivers carving through them, so it does't look like there are narrow areas of flatland where I don't want them. I'm a fan of rivers that are tightly hemmed in by the surrounding terrain, especially when the scale of my map is ten miles across each hex.

It occurs to me just now that this would be hell on rotating the river tiles to join up, since the trees or mountains within the river tile would get all wacky and misaligned with the overall Up & Down of the map.

Hmmmmmmmmm......

• I never actually intended Hex Kit art to have a specific frame of reference or view. Some are top down, most are forward facing, there are even some isometric icons too. Now I want to do rivers with trees and stuff on the banks haha.

• @cecil said:
    I never actually intended Hex Kit art to have a specific frame of reference or view. Some are top down, most are forward facing, there are even some isometric icons too. Now I want to do rivers with trees and stuff on the banks haha.

I know at least one guy who'd be interested...

• I would be as well!