Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Campaign map conversion

Took a stab at converting the map my group's current adventure is using.

Current:

Hex Kit:

Comments

• I think if there were one thing I found myself wanting most when creating this was a layer of trees that didn't have a background, just trees alone or clustered over transparent so I could lay trees on top of other textures.

• Agreed, I was thinking the same thing earlier, because the hills look bare...

• There are hills with trees that look very fantasyland, but are in the "Traveling Through Dangerous Scenery" tile pack.

• Anyway, nice conversion!

• @aaron said:
    I think if there were one thing I found myself wanting most when creating this was a layer of trees that didn't have a background, just trees alone or clustered over transparent so I could lay trees on top of other textures.

Agreed. I requested that (but for all terrain icons, not just trees) during beta and got a promising-sounding response from the devs, so maybe that's one of the things that's yet to come this week?

• @aaron said:
    I think if there were one thing I found myself wanting most when creating this was a layer of trees that didn't have a background, just trees alone or clustered over transparent so I could lay trees on top of other textures.

Yup. That would be nice. Trees, mountains, hills, etc. Those things that are views from the side so that we can blend things like trees from flats to hills to mountain areas.

• +1 for more objects (trees, mountains etc) with no background.

• I'll be doing an update with some of the Dangerous Scenery tiles soon.

• Incorporated a few Dangerous Scenery tiles - forest hills, the dock, new town - I think I'm pretty satisfied with it now.

• That looks good.